Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Freckled Girl

Did these using some great photo reference. I was browsing some artists' galleries and I can across these beautiful photos of this freckled redhead. I love the redheads, love their skin tone, they almost glow and shimmer - like their skin is a smooth stream and the freckles are flakes of gold glinting off the rocks.

And that red hair.

Yum.

Anyway, this guy's shots of her were terrific and I just had to sketch one quickly. this one - In Bloom
You might need to be registered with the site to see it, but its free and worth it.

The first sketch I did (on the bottom here) is actually much closer to the reference but as a drawingI felt that her head seemed too large in comparison to the rest of her, I guess maybe I modified her to superheroine proportions - but I think it has some of the same 'feel' as the original photo. Interesting (and hard) to get a sense of her freckling. I am sure I could have gotten a better result with a little more patience, but I wanted to draw it somewhat quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home