Monday, June 05, 2006

Another exercise in ripping off Adam Hughes


Just so no one is confused, I am doing my best to de-rustify myself here. And I figure the best way to do that is to look at artwork that just makes you ache because it is so beautiful and then to try and copy it. To see if you can do what that other person did, because it helps to train your eye, your brain and your hands. To really see what another artist has done, where a line starts, how it curves, where it goes in relation to everything else on the page.

So, I'm trying to copy Adam Hughes in order to get better. There's nothing harder than drawing beautiful women (as I have said many times before) and earlier attempts by me to copy his stuff just a month ago met with dismal failure. So I am pretty pleased with myself at these latest results. I think the rust is flaking out of my joints fairly quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home