Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wife seated


Well - It's cool when you have the chance to draw from life. One thing I discovered during this process is that I got all kinds of nervous drawing a woman seated there, whereas I'm not nerved up trying to draw a model off of a photo. I think that has to do with the cause behind my reticence in doing any portrait style stuff at all. When you take a bad picture, you don't get angry at the camera... but if you draw someone and they don't like the way they look you have insulted them. They look at you like "You think I look like that?"

1 Comments:

Blogger THEdave said...

This posting did a lot for me Keith. First off, I now have hope. Secondly, I remember someone saying something about not worrying so much about getting a pose or look correct, but getting the feeling of it. It happens to me too, I focus too much on getting certain parts correct, and I lose focus of the entire piece.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home