Monday, August 13, 2007

Ok - I haven't been posting regularly - but I have a ton of drawings to scan...


Well, you know that nice job with all the nice people? Yeah, I got canned from it. And NOT because (apparently) they didn't like my performance (in fact, they have hired me twice since for freelance work) - they canned me because I wouldn't sign this ridiculous non-compete agreement. And it IS ridiculous. I had it looked over by an employment attorney - a good friend of the family - and he told me I would be "an idiot to sign it." And if that wasn't enough emphasis he told me that if I DID sign it, despite his long friendship with my family, he'd ask me to select another attorney for employment matters - THAT is how evil that non-compete was.

I worked for over a decade creating a few museum exhibit projects and such - and I have ownership in them - and the technologies and business processes I created for b oth situations - none of which were in competition to this company (which produces trade show exhibits) and yet the president DEMANDED that I divest myself of any interest I have in my work on 10 years. I refused - and they gave me ONE DAY's notice. One day, for a guy with a family. Nice, huh?

I don't really blame anyone there but the president. It's a shame, because they really could use the creative ability I represent. Doubly a shame because I never got to put my full effort into it because they had me dogged the entire time with discussions and legal wranglings regarding the situation such that I felt I was never 100% on the job - because of this sword dangling over me the whole time.

ANyway... more art soon. Real soon. The first image is an older one - a quick sketch of one of the main characters in a story I've been writing since I was in college (I might have SKETCHED that back in college) and an ad mockup I did for a health food store back in the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information you provide in your articles. I抣l bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I am quite certain I抣l learn many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

------------------------------------------------------
icamtech.com|[url=http://icamtech.com/led_candles]led candle lights[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_Downlights]Led downlights[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_panel]led light panel[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_spotlight]led spotlights outdoor[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_street_light]Led street light[/url]

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home